What it does
This command creates nested bookmarks based on the heading tags in your document.
Use it for
Adding accessible and usable bookmarks to your document by clicking a button.
You need correct and appropriate heading tags in your document.
How to use it
- Click in the tab "Extras" on the button "Add Bookmarks".
- In the window "Create Bookmarks" determine how many heading levels you want to have as bookmarks and define their look by setting the colour and using the checkboxes for every level.
- If you activate the checkbox "Open", all bookmarks of this level will be visible in the initial view.
- If you activate the checkbox "Bold", all bookmarks of this level will be formatted as bold.
- If you activate the checkbox "Italic", all bookmarks of this level will be formatted as italic.
- Click on the button "Create".
- The job is done!
- Success criterion 2.4.5: Multiple Ways (Level AA)
DIN-/ISO 14289-1 (PDF/UA)
- 8.18 Navigation
Also see: ISO 14289 (PDF/UA)
Related accessibility issue
Bookmarks provide a very useful table of contents. Every user can jump directly to a special heading or section in the document. Especially for low vision users bookmarks are very helpful.
The zoom for every bookmark should be set to "custom zoom". axesPDF QuickFix does this automatically!