What it does
This command makes all artifacts to non-tagged elements.
Use it for
Fixing the issue "Artifact inside tagged content".
How to use it
- Check your document for artifacts inside tagged content by clicking the tab "Checker" and on the button "Refresh".
- If the report shows an error "Artifact inside tagged content" go to the tab "Content" and click on the button "Remove Artifacts".
- Click on the button "Artifact non-tagged content".
- Re-check your document: no artifact inside tagged content should be left.
Matterhorn Protocol (PDF/UA)
- Checkpoint 01: Real content tagged, Failure Condition 01-005
DIN-/ISO-Standard 14289-1 (PDF/UA)
- 8.1 General
Also see: ISO 14289 (PDF/UA)
Related accessibility issue
Artifacts are decorative elements or non-relevant content. They will not be rendered and they do not have a rendered equivalent. If they are marked as artifacts a machine can deal with them correctly - for example ignore them.