Understanding the concept
Central license server necessary
Concurrent user licenses offer the option of using axesPDF software flexibly from different computers.
Prerequisite for this:
- Every computer has access to the license server at any time
- All computers are connected by a common network or
- There is at least one bridge between the corresponding networks.
The number of existing concurrent user licenses determines how many users can access the corresponding axesPDF software at the same time. As a rule, a license is issued from the license pool as soon as the corresponding axesPDF program is opened.
With axesPDF for Word, it must also be noted that as soon as Microsoft Word is started with an installed version of axesPDF for Word, a license has been issued. If you close the corresponding program, the license is released for other users.
To use concurrent licenses, a server with the appropriate Sentinel License Manager program (Sentinel LDK) is required. The server can be operated with Windows Server or Windows.
Client-server communication (remote communication)
Sentinel LDK communicates via TCP and UDP over port 1947. This port is registered with IANA exclusively for this purpose.
By default, the Admin Control Center has "Broadcast Search for Remote Licenses" selected. Alternatively, the address of the license server can be stored on the clients via a customized INI file.
Required hardware and software
To enable Concurrent User licenses, you need the following hardware and software:
- Server with Windows Server or Windows
- Sentinel HASP / LDK run-time installer
You have the choice between run-time installer with GUI or as command line.
You will then receive the run-time installer as a ZIP file.
- axesPDF License Activator:
- Unpack and install Sentinel Run-Time on the server
- Copy axesPDF License Activator to the server
- Start axesPDF License Activator (by double clicking on the.exe file)
- Select Online Activation and perform as described
- You are done!
Now go to the Admin Control Center and check, if the license has been installed correctly.