What it does
It creates links between the entries in the table of content and the corresponding (identical) headers.
Use it for
To create accessible linking in a table of content.
How to use it
- Select a table of content ("TOC") in the task pane "Logical Structure Tree".
- Click in the ribbon tab "Extras" on the button "Add Links to Table of Content".
- A dialog window opens, where the mapping between table of content entries and headers can be done.
- Click on the button "Auto Mapping"
When the automatic mapping finished successfully, confirm the result by clicking the button "Apply".
Sometimes it may occur that the automatic mapping is not correct. Then you have to create the links manually (see therefore also the tool "Create Destinations").
- Click in the line with the incorrect or missing mapping. The button appears.
- Then click on the correct heading tag in the document viewer and click again BUTTON: .