A Word document has to fulfill several requirements so that axesWord can create a PDF/UA conform document:
- Each element has an appropriate ROLE MAPPING (the role Default is normally appropriate).
- Each element has a defined position in the logical order of the document structure (simply said this corresponds to the READING ORDER).
- Figures have an ALTERNATIVE TEXT or are marked as decorative elements. Latter is called ARTIFACT.
- Formulas have an ALTERNATIVE TEXT, which is normally the linearized form of the formula.
- TABLES are data tables and not pictures.
- COLUMN and ROW HEADERS in tables are assigned to styles with corresponding role mapping.