Description of the problem
User administration in the Cloud with axes4 ID
The user is trying to activate, but in the license manager, the selected license cannot be saved successfully.
User administration on a local server (access via domain with an agent)
The license manager fails to deliver an activation, neither automatically nor by refreshing the status of the activation manually.
Error message in the logfile of the license manager:
2021-08-18 12:02:06.8785|ERROR|API Client|Licensing Server Error: 'Max. number of devices reached for user '' with license 'x56u7-dahjioa789-dhakjls-xxxxxxYYYYYZZZZ'.
Cause of the error
The default locking method is "Hardware".
The default maximum number of devices per user in "Hardware" is two (2) machines.
There are two typical scenarios that can cause this error:
- The clients are running on virtual machines (VM) that are hosted on a server farm with changing servers.
- The user is trying to activate on a third physical machine.
- In the first scenario, where hardware in server farms changes, we change the locking method to "Domain".
To request this change, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: In this case, to use the software, users must be in the domain. They cannot work offline.
- If the user is trying to activate on a third physical machine, make sure the user is understanding the restriction on the maximum number of devices. If you want to deactivate for a device, send an email to email@example.com mentioning the Device ID. The Device ID can found in the license information.
- Team, Flat, and Enterprise
- User administration in the Cloud and on a local server