Who decides on PDF accessibility requirements?
Global standards for digital accessibility
For web content
Especially for PDF
Who decides that PDF documents have to be accessible?
Rights, laws and regulations
Equal rights laws
- Australia: Disability Discrimination Act 1992
- Canada: Charter of rights and freedom
- USA: Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
National digital accessibility regulations like Section 508 in the United States or the BITV 2 in Germany for example define the requirements for the digital world based on the global standards from above.
- Europe: EN 301 549: Accessibility requirements suitable for public procurement of ICT products and services in Europe
- Germany: Barrierefreie Informationstechnik-Verordnung (BITV) 2 (German)
- Global overview: Digital Accessibility Laws Around the Globe
- Switzerland: P028 - Richtlinien des Bundes für die Gestaltung von barrierefreien Internetangeboten (German)
- USA: Rehabilitation Act, Section 508