What it does
In the panel Preview you get a screenreader preview of your document after clicking the button Refresh.
Use it for
- checking the document structure visually (logical order, semantics)
- checking the correct presentation of text (spaces, characters)
How to use it
- Simply click the button Preview at the bottom left corner of the axesPDF program window.
- Click the button Refresh.
- Scroll down to check the complete content and the structure element. Move the cursor on a structure element symbol, then the name of the structure element will be displayed. Or have a look on our table with an explanation of all symbols.
PDF/UA: Matterhorn Protocol
- Checkpoint 01: Real content tagged, Failure Condition: 01-006
- Checkpoint 09: Appropriate Tags, Failure Condition: 09-003
Related accessibility issue
Correct semantics are the backbone of an accessible document.
The correct presentation of text is crucial for reading and understanding.